The end of July may be a little late to be posting a summer bucket list, but I say better late than never. Our summer was front-loaded with lots of planned activities, and it’s only now that we are finding ourselves with lots of free time.
Here’s a list of things i hope to do with the kids this summer, I will link/share about activities as we check them off our list. We probably won’t get through them all, but this should keep us busy!
Image Credit: Deeezyy on Flickr
Summer Bucket List (2012 Edition)
- Family Game Night
- Make Homemade Ice Cream
- Write Letter to our Sponsored Child
- Let Each Kid Plan & Make Dinner:
- Readlots of books:
Around Town: Outside
- Attend an Outdoor Concert or Movie
There are tons of concert and movie options out there, here are a couple I’m considering:
- Redskins Training Camp (Ashburn, VA) — 7/26 thru 8/4
- Check out Wheaton Regional Park
- Visit Yards Park /Splash in the Fountains
- Fly Kites somewhere (Gravely Point?)
- Go Fishing
- Take a Hike:
- Go Bike Riding
- Bumper Boats?
Around Town: Inside
- Go Bowling for free!
- Watch a Free/Cheap Summer Movie (saw Dolphin Tale — it was great!)
- National Building Museum: Mini-Golf and Lego exhibit
- Make Paper Airplanes and fly them somewhere (Landmark Mall?)
- Living Classroom Science Exhibit (DC) — closes 8/5
- Cultural Experience: Brazil or Japan
I want to expose the kids to other cultural experiences and asked them to pick a country they were interested in. I will try and find some library books related to that country, find a cultural experience and eat a restaurant in that style
- Serve Somewhere as a family:
- Dinner at Central Union Mission
- Play Laser Tag
Short Getaway Ideas
- Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum (Winchester, VA)
- Luray Caverns
- Baltimore: Port Discovery and/or Maryland Science Center
- Visit Grandma & Grandpa
- Go Camping
- Go Boating
- Smith Mountain Lake?
- Lake Anna?