Summertime, and the grillin’s easy… when I saw this recipe from the Primal Palate, I knew I wanted to make it sometime soon. It is easy to make ahead and tasted delicious! We enjoyed it at our Crossfit gym’s Friday night grill out. Good meat and good company, what could be better?
Asian Beef Kabobs
Slightly adapted from The Food Lover’s Kitchen
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 6 cloves Garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 cup Raw Coconut Aminos (or gluten-free soy sauce)
- 2 Tbsp Ginger Root, minced
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- 2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
Meat & Veggies:
- 2 lb Sirloin Steak, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 Bell Pepper, chopped into chunks
- 1 Onion, chopped into chunks
- 1 Zucchini, sliced and halved
- 1 Yellow Squash, sliced and halved
- 8 oz Button Mushrooms
Combine all of the marinade ingredients into a bowl. Stir well.
Cut steak into bite-size pieces and put in a ziploc bag. Add HALF of the marinade to the bag, reserving the rest for basting later.
Allow steak to marinade for several hours — I try and squish the bag every so often to make sure the marinade is evenly distributed.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Skewer steak and veggies on metal or wooden skewers (if using wooden, remember to soak them for at least 1 hour prior to use to avoid them charring).
Grill kabobs 10-12 minutes, turning every 3-4 minutes. While grilling, periodically baste the kabobs with the reserved marinade.
When meat is cooked to desired doneness – remove from grill and enjoy!