Ever since I saw this recipe in the Wegmans magazine, I’ve been hankering to make it. I didn’t think it would be a big hit in my house, so I waited until I had a chance to bring it to a dinner with friends. It was well received by most of the adults and I thought it was delish!
- 1 pkg (7 oz) Quinoa, Red recommended
- 1 pkg (12 oz) Frozen Corn
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup green onions, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced and quartered
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, cubed small
- ½ cup Lemon Vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Cook quinoa according to directions, then set in the fridge to chill -- allow a couple of hours.
- Add cooked quinoa, corn, cilantro, green onions, and tomatoes to mixing bowl. Fold in avocados and dressing; mix until well-combined. Season with salt and pepper; serve.
Wegmans recommends using their store bought brand of Lemon vinagrette (shocking, right?) but I made my own vinaigrette using a Lemon Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
Also — because of the avocado, things get kind of mushy after a day, so this is one of those recipes that is best consumed quickly. If I were to make it ahead, I would wait until almost time to serve before adding the avocado.