Summer Fun with Little Ones (in Northern Va and beyond)

Tuesday May 11, 2010

None

I was invited to speak at my local MOPS group this week on the subject of fun things to do with preschoolers throughout the summer.  In this case, preschoolers means children kindergarten aged and younger.   As a mom of three such children (ages 6, 4 and 2) and I took on the task with relish, knowing that my findings would help me get prepared for the summer months.

As I mentioned in my talk, I’m the kind of stay-at-home mom who does not like to stay home.   I like to get out of the house and find new places to explore with the kids.   Whenever I’m looking for ideas, my go-to resource is a fabulous website called Our Kids (http://www.our-kids.com).  The site has a comprehensive listing of every kind of activity you can imagine, including seasonal activities and special events.   The website is free, but you can also pay to subscribe to the weekly newsletter which is well organized and gives  the scoop on fun things that are happening each day as well as on-going events.

As I set about to prepare my talk, I specifically looked for ideas that would be budget-friendly and geared to the younger crowd.   The focus of my search area was primarily Northern Virginia, although I did mention some venues in DC and Maryland that I think are worth the extra miles.

The fruit of my labor is a five page document organized by category and full of ideas to keep you and your little ones busy this summer.   I have uploaded it here and am sharing it with you.   Hopefully this will save you from the  “Whatarewegonnadotoday” blues and help you have fun exploring the DC area with your little ones!

Download the Summer Guide to DC Fun with Little Ones (.pdf)

Find more tips at Works For Me Wednesday, hosted by We Are That Family.

Tags: , , , , , ,

10 Responses to Summer Fun with Little Ones (in Northern Va and beyond)

Amy says:

Oh my gosh – I love you for sharing this!!! I’m in northern VA (Burke) and have just started planning the summer for my kids. You have saved me a lot of work! Thanks!!!

Ally says:

Great list!

We live in PA, but take a lot of day trips to the DC area!

Thanks so much!!

Megan says:

Thank You! This is so awesome! Thanks thanks thanks!

Elizabeth says:

Thanks, Kendra! This is great. :)
    Louisa’s mom from PDO.

alice price says:

Hi, great blog. you can never have too many ideas for preschoolers….
    preschool tips

Karen says:

when I clicked on it, it said page not found? :(

late cancellation holidays says:

Really favored your own input concerning vacationer trip live , i haven’t seriously granted a lot tought with it up until now, wich is usually kind of miserable since i wish to explore new family vacations areas all over the world, should maintain it to remain in consideration with regards to my own up coming arranging

Regards Adeline

late cancellation holidays

Greetings! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering
    if you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form?

I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having difficulty
    finding one? Thanks a lot!