Summer Fun with Little Ones (in Northern Va and beyond)

Tuesday May 11, 2010

None

I was invited to speak at my local MOPS group this week on the subject of fun things to do with preschoolers throughout the summer.  In this case, preschoolers means children kindergarten aged and younger.   As a mom of three such children (ages 6, 4 and 2) and I took on the task with relish, knowing that my findings would help me get prepared for the summer months.

As I mentioned in my talk, I’m the kind of stay-at-home mom who does not like to stay home.   I like to get out of the house and find new places to explore with the kids.   Whenever I’m looking for ideas, my go-to resource is a fabulous website called Our Kids (http://www.our-kids.com).  The site has a comprehensive listing of every kind of activity you can imagine, including seasonal activities and special events.   The website is free, but you can also pay to subscribe to the weekly newsletter which is well organized and gives  the scoop on fun things that are happening each day as well as on-going events.

As I set about to prepare my talk, I specifically looked for ideas that would be budget-friendly and geared to the younger crowd.   The focus of my search area was primarily Northern Virginia, although I did mention some venues in DC and Maryland that I think are worth the extra miles.

The fruit of my labor is a five page document organized by category and full of ideas to keep you and your little ones busy this summer.   I have uploaded it here and am sharing it with you.   Hopefully this will save you from the  “Whatarewegonnadotoday” blues and help you have fun exploring the DC area with your little ones!

Download the Summer Guide to DC Fun with Little Ones (.pdf)

Find more tips at Works For Me Wednesday, hosted by We Are That Family.

Tags: , , , , , ,

17 Responses to Summer Fun with Little Ones (in Northern Va and beyond)

Amy says:

Oh my gosh – I love you for sharing this!!! I’m in northern VA (Burke) and have just started planning the summer for my kids. You have saved me a lot of work! Thanks!!!

Ally says:

Great list!

We live in PA, but take a lot of day trips to the DC area!

Thanks so much!!

Megan says:

Thank You! This is so awesome! Thanks thanks thanks!

Elizabeth says:

Thanks, Kendra! This is great.
    Louisa’s mom from PDO.

alice price says:

Hi, great blog. you can never have too many ideas for preschoolers….
    preschool tips

Karen says:

when I clicked on it, it said page not found? :(

late cancellation holidays says:

Really favored your own input concerning vacationer trip live , i haven’t seriously granted a lot tought with it up until now, wich is usually kind of miserable since i wish to explore new family vacations areas all over the world, should maintain it to remain in consideration with regards to my own up coming arranging

Regards Adeline

late cancellation holidays

Greetings! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering
    if you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment form?

I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having difficulty
    finding one? Thanks a lot!

クリック says:

For most recent information you have to pay a visit world wide web
    and on world-wide-web I found this site as
    a most excellent web page for newest updates.

利点 says:

Excellent items from you, man. I have be aware your stuff previous to and
    you are just extremely wonderful. I actually
    like what you have obtained here, certainly like what you’re
    stating and the way in which wherein you say it.
    You make it enjoyable and you continue to care for to keep it wise.
    I can’t wait to learn far more from you. This is actually a
    great web site.

関連 says:

What’s up colleagues, its wonderful paragraph regarding teachingand fully defined, keep
    it up all the time.

お返しに5万包もうと貯金しだした俺はおかしいのかぁ
    他人ながら「しっかりせい!」と尻を蹴りたくなるw
    婚姻に対しての祝儀なんだから離婚したら返せよ 根気強くこんな長文を読んでもらえると思ったのか? 結婚式 欠席

洋服にこだわりが無さすぎる人(こういう服で自分を表現していいと思う人なのか…などと想像してがっかりします)店員さんに横柄な態度をとる人。 定時で帰って趣味を楽しめるほど収入得られるのは、トヨタ本体とかだけ 兄結婚祝いプレゼント
    結婚している弟(小学生の子供二人)が嫁のDVで苦しんでいるのを見ると 一緒に居る時は吸わないとかそう言うこと言うと本当にドン引かれるよ

結局はお互い様で呼ばれたら呼んだ時にもらった金額を包むだろうから、3万円でも1万円でも同じだな タダマンやりたくてしょうがないワープアなんじゃないのw
    だから精神が変な人とか(I○Mの人とか含めて)とても警戒している。 なんかヒステリックというかわけわからん所でキレたり。 結婚できない男ドラマ動画

おまんきこの奴、訴訟の内容をブログにウダウダ書いてるけど ほんでなネットで嘘やハッタリをバンバンかましてきまんねん。 結婚 祝い プレゼント 同僚
    準備とかプランナーに相談しながら、内容が受けるか考えて鬱になりそうになるのが大半、結婚前の試練だわ。 新郎はフリーター、新婦は地元の駅弁に入るも中退してフリーター

w3.Org says:

As just a few fact, CCTV systems have gained a lots of popularity in United
    Kingdom. CCTV (Closed Circuit TV) uses several video cameras for you video and often audio images
    to a monitor, pair of monitors, or video recorder.
    Cctv dvr in loft So there are high chances that you will get
    them just due on the pressure of the salesman or possibly a salesgirl
    that’s trying to sell CCTV to you personally when you happen to be in demand for merely a thief alarm.

This measurement refers on the size of each and every image or frame that the DVR displays and records.
    IP CCTV is currently being installed into new builds,
    to make available businesses high quality security
    through the very start of the business contract.

sensible says:

When someone writes an paragraph he/she maintains the plan of a user in his/her brain that
    how a user can be aware of it. So that’s why this article is outstdanding.
    Thanks!