We love Christmas music — maybe not in the malls in September, but in our home. It’s nice to have on while bustling about with all the holiday preparations. I thought I would share some of our favorite Christmas music and find out what you like. Listed below, in no particular order, is our top ten(ish) Christmas “albums” (cds? downloads? what is a collection of music called these days…)
- Russ Taff, “A Christmas Song” – wow, I just realized this is no longer in circulation. He has a fantastic voice.
- Harry Connick “When My Heart Finds Christmas” – another oldie but goodie. I see he has another album out – we may to have to check it out.
- Third Day, “Christmas Offerings“
- Sarah Groves, “O Holy Night” – she has such a beautiful, mellow voice – I love all her stuff.
- John Denver and the Muppets, “A Christmas Together” – “Run Run Reindeer!” you can’t go wrong with the Muppets
- Jim Brickman, “The Gift” – a mostly instrumental/piano cd
- Amy Grant, “Home for Christmas” – another oldie, but goodie
- Josh Groban, “Noel“
- Tchaikovsky, “The Nutcracker Suite“
- Relient K, “Let it Snow Baby, Let it Reindeer” – eclectic, different, but if you love RK, you will love this!
- Jars of Clay, “Christmas Songs“
What are you favorites?